TownCraft – Out Now for iOS, PC and Mac!
TownCraft is an addictive, relaxing, and non-violent crafting and city-building game, set in medieval times; players are alone in the wilderness and must start a new town to be the toast of the kingdoms.
Players begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet, but before long the town will be teeming and with travelers from all across the land.
They’ll buy wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food and drink at the tavern players build. They’ll come looking to trade, work, fish, farm, forage, hire, fire, and explore the bizarre and distinctive world of TownCraft.
- Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps!
- Players will test their skills at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create.
- Gamers can build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills in the effort to create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
- Players will order around muck-ridden peasants, who will manage their gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
- Users will play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – workers will wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night, and then get some shut-eye again.
- Gamers can explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
- Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.
TownCraft was released on iPad in Australia and New Zealand at PAX Australia in July 2013, and worldwide in September 2013. It is out now for iPhone, iPad, PC and Mac.
Be sure to check out the official TownCraft wiki if you’re stuck!